Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Oddjob83
    Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

So returned my PM30 today and got the 375 extreme. Only took about a month and half since complaining about it to actually getting the unit. But right out of the box, it cuts like a dream. Even did a better job on 1/2" than the PM30.

Maybe the Miller is a Simple plasma cutter for simple people, or at least maybe that's how its marketed. And perhaps the PM30 was an overly specialized/sophisticated tool for the discerning metal worker. maybe that is why it didn't work out well for me. But in my opinion, the Miller is great. For a lot of the same reasons that Jody has stated in his 625 video. Good work clamp, Detachable (very important to me), sturdy storage case. The XT30 torch feels very nice to hold and the rubberized grip i found makes a noticeable difference with gloves on, the PM30 slid around a bit when starting to cut and fumbling with the trigger with the shade down. The Fan On Demand was kind of annoying at first as it comes on every time you pull the trigger, not just when it needed cooling like the PM30, but I don't find that a fault really.

I have only used it on 220v so far have yet to see what it can do on a 110v 15a circuit.

In the end, it is exactly what I wanted and I wish i had gotten it at the start instead of following the herd and just getting what everyone said. Also I would never buy a plasma cutter that didn't have an actual drag tip or the option of one. A true drag tip, not one of those bent coat hanger things they call drag tips.
    Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi
Glad to hear you have had a great experience with the unit. I have just ordered a 625 Xtreme as the price difference between the two units was not so great but the thicker cut was an advantage.
I will post some comments on how it goes when it arrives.
Marc. Aussie on the loose
Tombstone
    Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 pm

I love the 375 Xtreme. It cuts and cuts and cuts. I use both the miller inline air filter attachment and a Home Depot model air/water separater, for nice clean dry air.
"Let's light the fire an' brief on guard.". RIP Lt. Col Stan "Red Dog" Nichols. USMC. Fighter Pilot. Korea, Vietnam. MCAS El Toro.