Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
T411
    Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Bandsaw Blade Welder
Bandsaw Blade Welder
photo.JPG (39.97 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
Can anyone ID this bandsaw blade welder? I does not have a data plate, brand or manufacturer markings. This has been on my nice to have but not a necessity wish list for a while and I found this one in working condition and talked the shop down to $70 so I could not pass it up.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I can't help identify it, but that's a great deal on one of those!
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
T411

delraydella wrote:I can't help identify it, but that's a great deal on one of those!

Thanks. Yeah I'm pretty excited about this deal. I just found out from another forum that it's a Powermatic 600. I was also able to get the IPB and operating instructions. This model was mounted on the Powermatic model 87 bandsaw even though this particular blade welder has a carrying handle, is in an inclosed case and looks to be a stand alone unit with a plug.

Tomero
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Now that you say that, that color definitely looks like Powermatic green. It may have gotten taken out of the bandsaw and someone made a custom cover for it.

I'm jealous! I want one of those. :mrgreen:
Other Steve
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
    Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:43 pm

I just searched Google Images "powermatic bandsaw welder" and thats what comes up $70 great deal
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

sparkness is right on his I.D. It came out of a 12" Powermatic vertical bandsaw Model 87. The blade welder is a Model 600 and runs on 115 or is 3 phase. There were two different versions of this welder. A manual can be downloaded here for $13.50. http://industrial-library.com/catalog/p ... cts_id/289 Sorry, I couldn't find a "free" one.

Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

T411

[quote="Fat Bob"]sparkness is right on his I.D. It came out of a 12" Powermatic vertical bandsaw Model 87. The blade welder is a Model 600 and runs on 115 or is 3 phase. There were two different versions of this welder. A manual can be downloaded here for $13.50. http://industrial-library.com/catalog/p ... cts_id/289 Sorry, I couldn't find a "free" one.

I didn't realize that it came in two versions. This one has a 115 plug attached to a fat @$$ cord. I wonder if it can be either 115 or 220? I'm going to have to take a look at the manual. I plan on refurbishing/restoreing it.

Thanks for the info.