Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Timmontoya88
    Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 am

I realize the time of this thread, however I wanted to give my input on this unit.

I needed a plasma cutter basically for working with gauge metal when I needed to make circle or cuts with twists and turns and warping is a concern. The Lotos Plasma cutter works for me as a starter because shelling out $1000 + for a quality machine would be unrealistic right now, I got mine about a month ago.

For now They seem to still be in business I can find consumables online through Home Depot, eBay, and through the Lotos web sitehttp://www.uwelding.com/
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Just an opinion /observation.
Spend $1,000 and get 2 machine($500 ea),one working ,spare on the shelf(warranty).

Spend $1,00,get one machine($500 up front warranty). Send it in and wait for replacement.

Or spend real money for big name,local dealer, and warranty service at the counter(most of the time).

Choices!
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)

I had to save up for a couple months to get my Hypertherm. But, I'm pretty sure I'll never need the warranty and, if I do, it'll be handled at my LWS. I get my consumables at my LWS, and there just isn't much to worry about. I've never regretted the money I've spent on good tools.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch