Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Mikerb
    Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:52 pm

I agree, its not a lot of pressure but a lot I have read say 2-3 psi for ascet and 10-20psi for oxy. So seemed like quite a big jump.

Increasing the acet to 1 bar was the only thing I could think that would make any difference, but not really knowing how to set it up I thought I better check first!

Didn't get a chance to try it today so will try on Sunday if I have any time.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Don't know metric system
My Linde W-200 likes 2-3 PSI acet and 30 PSI oxy for cutting also mine has two oxy valves one to set a/c flame and one to open all the way for full oxy on the torch cutting head.

Welding I set both on 3-4 psi with welding tip in place.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
steeldr.
    Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 am

I don't know the metric system, but ,never exceed 15 lbs. pressure on the secondary stage of the regulator, because acetylene is unstable above the 15 lbs.and could detonate. also,always keep the acetylene bottle in an upright position. If used in the horizontal position, you could get acetone in your hose or torch.

good luck on your torch outfit..................................................................ron

P.S.,air and oxygen fittings are right hand threads and all acetylene fittings have left hand threads. And lastly,either soap test all joints,or do a leakdown test. and open oxegen bottles all the way,and acetylene bottle aprox. 1/4 of the way open.................................................................................................ron.
Littleferd
    Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Capable bit of kit, I have used a similar setup. I'm pretty sure the first tip Asfn is for thin sheet, the Afn6-12 denotes material thickness in mm 3/64 is cutting orifice. For that tip your setting 3-4 psi on accetalyne and about 35psi on Oxy. To set oxygen cut pressure, open knob fully, press cut lever set on regulator whilst flowing. To light up open accetalyne knob, ignite adjust flame till the black sooty smoke is just going away then open oxygen and set till you get nice sharp cones on your preheat flame. Travel speed and practice will give you a nice dross free cut. You can cut up to 50mm with an afn 1/16.
Make sure you have some flash back arestors in your lines and drain out your regulators on shut down, be safe! Good luck
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Don't turn your acet above 1 bar. You'll not the regulator has a red line just above that. It's important.

I've never done anything short of heavy demolition that required more than .5 bar. 3 bar Is plenty of cutting oxygen for a clean tip of almost any size, unless you're cutting above, say, 20mm (tip size will affect how much pressure you need to cut a given thickness, as well as how thick a piece you can or should cut.) The higher O2 pressure should solve your popping problem. At low pressures, the mix difference between "lever down" and "lever up" are significant. Dial it in with the lever down, then release it and get much more O2 flow through the pre-heat , and "pop", you're out.

Steve S
FoxZulu
    Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:19 am

What you have there is a BOC Murex DH Lightweight shank and cutting attachment or copy of. It is still a current model and all spares and accessories are readily available. ASFN 03 nozzle is for sheet metal up to 3mm. AFN 3/64 is for plate 6-20mm. Set acetylene at 4psi (0.3 bar) and oxygen at 40-50 psi (3 bar). Hope this helps.
Ps DO NOT use without flashback arrestors.