Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Posting to make sure I don't lose this thread... I def need some ed00mukashun on this subject....
Lincoln Electric AC225
Everlast PowerPro Multi-Process TIG/Stick/Plasma 256Si
Everlast W300 WaterCooler
Optrel e684x1
22+ Year Security Engineer developing cool shit and stoppin hackers :)
    Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Thank you UV! I thought the only thing to learn about grinding was some basics about what disc to use and learning how not to grind yourself. WOW! Seriously awesome information and you might have just influenced me to purchase another grinder :)
Lincoln Electric AC225
Everlast PowerPro Multi-Process TIG/Stick/Plasma 256Si
Everlast W300 WaterCooler
Optrel e684x1
22+ Year Security Engineer developing cool shit and stoppin hackers :)
FizHD
    Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:03 pm

Nice
Thanks!
LE 210MP
LE 200 TIG
Evolution Rage3
RoatanBill
    Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:35 pm

I posted this as a comment on the Harbor Freight site for their paddle switch angle grinder. It was meant to be whimsical, but I do like their grinder. I wanted to solve the cord problem.
I now own 9 of them, so I NEVER change what's on the spindle unless it's used up. I have spares as I'm on an island and it takes at least 2 weeks to get things shipped in. Those spares are actually used and sport duplicate spindle tools (cutting disk, cup brush, etc) so I can swap grinders when one starts to get hot from (mis)use. My tree is too small to hold all of them now, so I'm going to make a new one and hang it besides the original grinderensis roatansis :D
===============
New species of Harbor Freight tree discovered!

The tree, appropriately named grinderensis roatansis, is found only on the island of Roatan in the Caribbean.
It's discoverer knows it to be the only one of its kind.
This evolutionary development allows many angle grinders to occupy a small vertical space, and especially solves the power cord issue.
Earlier attempts at solving these problems invariably resulted in tools all over the place and cords being wrapped around the body of the tool resulting in an unruly power cord.
This new species of tree may spread to other areas of the world where fertile minds and a bit of welding can create clones.
Attachments
IMG_20160929_091844.jpg
IMG_20160929_091844.jpg (72.5 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
bosulli
    Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am

Saw you videos on YouTube. I am new to grinders, and you had good, solid, and complete info.
cptjackm
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:No lock on switches on a small grinder is a terrible idea. Ever try clean a heap of small parts while holding the switch.
Good subject.
I agree with you Mike.
I have nine electric angle grinders and a drawer full of air powered. I still have the first one that I bought used in 1958.
It's 9 inch Black and Decker that bears the name "BAD ASS".
They are the most dangerous tools in my shop and I have bled a little from time to time when I didn't treat them
with the required respect. All my grinders have lock-on switches including the several that have worn out and been
replaced. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I will also mention that the wheel guards are back on most all my grinders.
Safety is one obvious reason and having a large quantity of extra right-hand gloves is another.
I've had success modifying some of the guards, some don't need to be that big.
Jack
UV Metal Arts
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks everybody. The 3 part angle grinder series is by far is the most popular work that I have on youtube. At the time of publishing it, I really saw that there was a need for this information to be shared, so I made the best effort to make it as good as posable with the knowledge and resources that I had available. I would like to invite you all to visit my youtube page again because there's a bunch of new content all related to metal working there that I hope you find educational. Cheers UV
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuKaQz ... Smw/videos