Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

In the shop I have a couple Peddinghaus band saws and the big saw at the end of the FICEP beam line. They are all fine, but very expensive (purchase price, maintenance, blades, cutting lubricant). I have at home a little cheap Jet vertical/horizontal combo and honestly it is a nice little saw.

Have a couple DeWalt chop saws for small aluminum stuff setup on long tables. No complaints, just don't use them a ton.

Rarely have a chop saw on a truck but NEVER leave home without a Milwaukee deep throat porta-band.

Really comes down to how much you use them. You get what you pay for, however even a cheapo like the Jet should make repeatable cuts and miters. If you are an ornamental guy, chop saw that swings for miters of course.

And honestly if I was putting a small shop together I would go cheap on the saw and spend my money on a good deal for an ironworker.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla