Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
maschinen
    Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi does any one have experience with BDS Germany make MAB 1300 magnetic drilling machine / magnetic drill press?

http://www.csunitec.com/portable-magnet ... b1300.html
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Not that brand, specifically.

Lots of mag-drill experience.

Are you asking a question, or sharing the advert?

Steve S
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I didn't get to use it but a local supplier loaned one out to our shop for a project on some chrome molly. They drilled like 20
1-1/4 in slug holes on site and said it worked great.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308

Side note it was 14 in heavy wall over an in thick and after they shut the steam line down it was still over 750 deg f

Josh
cristi80
    Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:16 am

i use a BDS mab 450 and work like it should be. i drilled several holes in 15 mm thick mild steel with a 16 mm drill. it's a good machine.
sorry for my crappy english.
maschinen

I am thinking to take dealership of this machine brand. Why is BDS not so popular in USA even though its a made in Germany machine? what are the other popular brands for magnetic drill press in USA?
Poland308

I think it's less about like than it is about $. Many contractors have only ever used regular 1/2 in drills and find it hard to spend the extra money on a drill they can't use every time they need to make a hole. But that's just from lack of knowledge. Of those who do know how great it is to have one it comes down to price and availability. If I need it now I buy what's on the shelf. If I need it next week I compare features to price. It's just not a common tool. But it should be!

Josh
maschinen

Thank you all!!