Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
AFR_Autoworks
    Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am

So I am going to be working with titanium a little bit now. Just curious what people use to cut it? I have a water cooled bandsaw that I will be using. I am mostly curious on the blade choice. Also, what would be considered acceptable to de-bur/ prep the edges? Is a zirconium sanding belt ok or should I be looking into something else?
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I saw one MFG advocating zirconia belts for titanium, and another saying that their aluminum oxide belts are good for titanium. I'll ask my buddy Alex (BPAutosports) and see what he has to say

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
AFR_Autoworks
    Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am

Thanks! I know I need to get a different blade for sure. The tooth count is WAY too low on the saw I bought. I actually follow him on Instagram haha.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

His response: I use the same belt for everything, no need to switch

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

AFR_Autoworks wrote:So I am going to be working with titanium a little bit now. Just curious what people use to cut it? I have a water cooled bandsaw that I will be using. I am mostly curious on the blade choice. Also, what would be considered acceptable to de-bur/ prep the edges? Is a zirconium sanding belt ok or should I be looking into something else?
The blade choice would be determined by the thickness of the material, is it flat bar, pipe, tube...?
Richard
Website