Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Nathannamaya
    Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Hey guys! I've got a miller spectrum 625 DC plasma cutter. It's about 4 or 5 years old now, and I've had it hooked up to my plasma cutting table running the PlasmaCam software. So the other day, I was cutting a part, and after cutting for about 1 minute, it just stopped cutting. After trying to restart the cut, there was no arc initiation and I heard a loud pop coming from the actual machine. And now there is an orange light next to the word "cup" on the face plate. Any ideas of what it could be and how I could fix it?
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Let's start with the basics. What is the model number and serial number?
Have you opened it up and inspected it for obvious signs of damage?
Have you done a smell test, to help locate damaged electrical components?
Can you upload a few photos of your plasma cutter? It might help...
Nathannamaya wrote:Hey guys! I've got a miller spectrum 625 DC plasma cutter. It's about 4 or 5 years old now, and I've had it hooked up to my plasma cutting table running the PlasmaCam software. So the other day, I was cutting a part, and after cutting for about 1 minute, it just stopped cutting. After trying to restart the cut, there was no arc initiation and I heard a loud pop coming from the actual machine. And now there is an orange light next to the word "cup" on the face plate. Any ideas of what it could be and how I could fix it?
Attachments
Miller 625 Status Indicators.jpg
Miller 625 Status Indicators.jpg (77.54 KiB) Viewed 904 times