Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
jimcolt
    Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:11 pm

Plasma cut on 1/2" steel with a 45 amp plasma. 1/2" bolt will drop through the holes....no grinding or secondary work, cut at 18 inches per minute.

IMG_2948.jpg
IMG_2948.jpg (51.09 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I like Acet/Oxy cutting.
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

At the college I teach at, we have both oxy/fuel and plasma. I am totally a fan of the plas over the oxy/fuel. I use the plas for just about every custom cut I need to do. It is easier to use and it is much, much, much easier to clean up the slag from the plas than from the oxy/fuel. I could honestly say that I love my plas - I feel that strongly about it. Sorry to display my feelings in such a public manner, but that is the way I feel. People from the oxy/fuel community need to learn to accept us folks from the plas community.

I do have a pipe beveler that I use, powered by my trusty oxy/fuel rig. I want to get the hook ups so that I can run my plas off of it, so I can cut down on the amount of slag. The rig up is not a lot of money, somewhere in the vicinity of about $800; but it ain't my money so I don't necessarily mind spending it.
Gary