Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

I have the DeWalt DW872 saw . It's decent . I tried an evolution blade and it started loosing teeth. If you're gona spend 4-500 , ask around about the Morse saw , I think it's just a little bit more but may be better . The base on the Dewalt although better than flimsy ones at harbor freight, it's not as thick as i'd like . The clamping mechanism is decent . It's a good saw for the money ...looking back I think I would have gotten the Morse . As for the abrasive saws, I went thru two of them. The second one was a Dewalt, it burned out after only about 20 cuts, sparks shot out the motor vents. I got a Rigid R41421 and it is a very solid, very good abrasive saw. I don't use it much since the DW872 . Good luck
Kriky
    Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:49 pm

I just bought the IronTon. The price was right. $299 out the door with free shipping from Northern Tools. I haven't really started using it much. I made two cuts with it on piece of steel a friend gave to to weld on a post for him. It seems to cut pretty good. The cuts but up pretty nicely. I wouldn't say amazing but for $299 not a bad buy. The base seems heavy enough and the clamp seems ok for what I will be using it for.
IronSaw.jpg
IronSaw.jpg (54.03 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
Cut.jpg
Cut.jpg (85.74 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
Kriky

Hobbiest
Everlast PowerTig 210EXT
NHDanO
    Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:37 am

I just recently purchased an Evolution EVO380. Got it for under $400 at my LWS. Worth every penny. As to the poster who questioned if the 380 is worth the extra money I would say yes. It's just a much more solid machine.
    Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:02 am

A lot of guys like Makita saws, see reviews. However I personally don't like pistol grip on this type of saw, just a personal preference.