Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
EECWelds
    Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:04 am

Hey guys new here, been searching for how some guys get their oxy/ acety hose to stay "braided".

If anyone has some input I would be much appreciated, I have searched and searched with no luck
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

I like my siamese hose to stay nice and flat, with no kinks or tight curls. Any small loops or twists we call an 'asshole'. One day on the job, I was up in the lift doing some cutting, when I looked back and saw that the siamese hose had several loops (assholes). I yelled down to the gang that they needed to "fix that asshole", and two of the apprentices started to grab one of the journeymen ...
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Boomer63 wrote:I like my siamese hose to stay nice and flat, with no kinks or tight curls. Any small loops or twists we call an 'asshole'. One day on the job, I was up in the lift doing some cutting, when I looked back and saw that the siamese hose had several loops (assholes). I yelled down to the gang that they needed to "fix that asshole", and two of the apprentices started to grab one of the journeymen ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet sense of humor.

Steve S
    Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:32 am

Hi,
you can spread the hoses and use ducting tape to "bride" them lets say every foot. It's an old way to deal wit an "assholes" :D

Slawkos
Slawkos
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

When you wrap it back up, on the handles of the trolley, alternate the wraps overhand. Instead of going around and around, change directions across the middle, changing the direction of the twist. If that makes sense.

Mick.
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Slawkos wrote:Hi,
you can spread the hoses and use ducting tape to "bride" them lets say every foot. It's an old way to deal wit an "assholes" :D

Slawkos
Thank you, Slaw! I will have to try using grey tape to deal with the assholes I run into on the job! Thanks again, brother!
    Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:32 am

Hi,
you're welcome, basically any tape will work, use the stronger for long lasting effect.
Good luck
Slawkos
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I was taught as a young fella to avoid kinking oxy hoses by holding the end in your left hand and winding up the hose with your right hand in an anti clockwise direction straightening as you go. I have done this all my life and have had no kinks. I have two oxy sets both 20 years old and look not quite new. One is in my truck for site work and gets fully disassembled each time I use it . All the gauges are uncracked and working. Only ever replaced orings. Nothing pisses me off more than to see plumbers drive past with fully assembled sets on their cylinders with busted gauges dirty tips.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I just roll them up in a figure "8", as weldin mike27 suggested. I do the same with my garden/fire hose, as I can grab it and run without kinking it.

Steve S