Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Figured i'd give everyone a heads up. Pretty sure this saw is usually $300 or more .
I think it's the latest model, the older model was a bit better from what i've read but hey, it's still a dry cut say for $189 .

http://amzn.com/B000WEORGM
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

That is a good deal folks.
The base is a little lighter duty, but better then DeWalts crap. :roll:

Blades are only $50.

http://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Power-T ... +saw+blade

Can't go wrong with these saws if your not gonna be working it really hard...
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I have the dewalt , the DW872 14" Dry cut saw . It's base is steel, and while it's not as flimsy as the harbor freight 14" saws , i would have liked my Dewalt to have a nice cast alum base like my Makita sliding miter wood saw.
Even the off brand wood miter says have decent cast alum bases. I would imagine this Evolution is similar to the Dewalt .
For 189 it's still a great deal so I fig i'd pass along the find .
I would buy it if I didn't already have the DW872 .

Also , on the Evolution blades, I had their 14" 90 tooth stainless cutting blade. It did initially cut stainless well .
I cut about 5 small pieces of stainless, then I had that dump body I did. Altogether about 40 to 50 cuts total in mostly 0.125" square tubing 1" and 2"x3" and the blade started losing teeth , as some of the 1 , 2 and 3 star amazon reviews mention.
I think some of the 4 and 5 star reviews may have reviewed the blade before suing it long enough.
I would steer clear of this blade----> http://amzn.com/B004Q0994I
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Just a heads up on that saw - it's not really intended to be a steel cutting saw full time - it's a general purpose saw that uses their multi material blades - there is a 14" saw that's intended for steel cutting but it's a lot more money - the " skill " type saws they make also fall into 2 groups - multi use or plate saw & their attraction is the ability to cut anything with one blade but those blades don't cut much steel before they lose their edge or teeth - I've had both & they are OK but not especially good quality - the motors leak smoke quite easily !

noddybrian wrote:Just a heads up on that saw - it's not really intended to be a steel cutting saw full time - it's a general purpose saw that uses their multi material blades - there is a 14" saw that's intended for steel cutting but it's a lot more money
Yep , that's why I said it's not their older model that is more heavy duty ....but at 189 , it sure beats an abrasive saw . I have the DW872 , and i'm not all that impressed with the build quality and it was like $400 or more