Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

For those with long attention spans...

Well, the little Woodfast band saw is still down at the junk shop. And it can stay there, because I found one in even better condition, for far less cash! It's now safely tucked away in my shed.

Mister Junk Shop, the guy with the saw I originally spotted, had a cocky attitude. "It'll sell in a heartbeat", he said. "Don't bother trying to talk me down, these things only show up once in a lifetime" he said. That rubbed me up the wrong way.

So I kept an eye on it, but kept an eye on the local online ads, too. When this one popped up I couldn't believe it. I was interstate, so I called the guy asking if I could look at it when I returned on the weekend. He said sure, it's a 45 minute drive from town and no-one seems keen on coming for a look.

So I arrived home, took a short, pleasant drive in the country, and returned with this little beauty. Couldn't be happier.

Kym

MosquitoMoto wrote: For those with long attention spans...

Well, the little Woodfast band saw is still down at the junk shop. And it can stay there, because I found one in even better condition, for far less cash! It's now safely tucked away in my shed.

Mister Junk Shop, the guy with the saw I originally spotted, had a cocky attitude. "It'll sell in a heartbeat", he said. "Don't bother trying to talk me down, these things only show up once in a lifetime" he said. That rubbed me up the wrong way.

So I kept an eye on it, but kept an eye on the local online ads, too. When this one popped up I couldn't believe it. I was interstate, so I called the guy asking if I could look at it when I returned on the weekend. He said sure, it's a 45 minute drive from town and no-one seems keen on coming for a look.

So I arrived home, took a short, pleasant drive in the country, and returned with this little beauty. Couldn't be happier.

Kym
Gotta love when karma smiles on you, way to go Kym
Richard
Website
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I think I'd send a picture of this to the junk shop guy, with "Buggar Off" in Sharpie. I think I'd bitch about him on every forum you can find him on.

I hate a cocky salesman.

Steve S
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:I think I'd send a picture of this to the junk shop guy, with "Buggar Off" in Sharpie. I think I'd bitch about him on every forum you can find him on.

I hate a cocky salesman.

Steve S
Yeah, I thought about that too, but don't really have the energy for it - I'll just enjoy my saw.

I hate a cocky salesman, too. Why be a smart arse? What do you hope to achieve opening a conversion by warning a prospective buyer not to offer a lower price...before that buyer has said a word?

An odd approach to selling, for sure.

Kym
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

MosquitoMoto wrote:
Yeah, I thought about that too, but don't really have the energy for it - I'll just enjoy my saw.

I hate a cocky salesman, too. Why be a smart arse? What do you hope to achieve opening a conversion by warning a prospective buyer not to offer a lower price...before that buyer has said a word?

Kym
I hear you all too well on this.

As to bothering to flame him, why bother? It's his worry to be an idiot, let him ruin his own karma (if you believe in it...)

I had one person who I was considering buying a car from, years ago.
After I'd made the trip to his house to see the car, he wouldn't even let a potential buyer drive it up the road, but instead insisted in taking me for a ride in it. As I RODE in the car, I was noticing more and more signs of lack of maintenance (admittedly, easily fixed, but still signs of poor attention to detail, on a car that requires close attention to the engine at the very least) and he started to RAISE the price from the advertised price!

Needless to say, he kept the car and I found another to buy.

Enjoy your saw, and best of luck with it being all that you hope it to be, for many years of use!
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

hey_allen wrote:
MosquitoMoto wrote:

Kym
I hear you all too well on this.

As to bothering to flame him, why bother? It's his worry to be an idiot, let him ruin his own karma (if you believe in it...)
I wouldn't actually make the effort, either. It's just fun to imagine a bit of come-uppance for his ignorance.

Steve S