Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
fox5flyer
    Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 pm

I recently purchased a Oxy-Asc setup with tanks, cart, hoses, and Weldmaster torch with only a Meco cutting tip. I'm a farmer and I need a couple of medium welding tips, but not sure what I should buy as I was told that Weldmaster was bought by Victor then it was closed down. I was also told that Victor tips won't work with my torch. I'm sure if I wait long enough I will find some Meco tips that I need, but to speed things up, I'm wondering if there are any other welding tips that will work on my Weldmaster.
Any tips would be appreciated.
Deke in NE Michigan
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome to the forum! I did a quick google search and found a couple sites that have copies of Meco tips:
AmericanTorchTip.com
GossEquipment.com

I haven't worked with either one, but I've heard heard of Goss and recall they have a good reputation.

Meco has a number of different torch names such as Midget and Weldmaster so you may need to research the exact tip you'll need, but your tips are available. You might be able to call around to local welding supply houses to find them too.

Good luck with it, and let us know how it goes!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
fox5flyer
    Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Artie F. Emm wrote:Welcome to the forum! I did a quick google search and found a couple sites that have copies of Meco tips:
AmericanTorchTip.com
GossEquipment.com

I haven't worked with either one, but I've heard heard of Goss and recall they have a good reputation.

Meco has a number of different torch names such as Midget and Weldmaster so you may need to research the exact tip you'll need, but your tips are available. You might be able to call around to local welding supply houses to find them too.

Good luck with it, and let us know how it goes!
Thank you for the input. I've made an exhaustive search and found one Meco welding tip, but am awaiting more info on it from the seller. I guess what I should have asked was using my Weldmaster with cutting head, are there any other brands of welding torches that will fit it. The Weldmaster is a well made product and probably will last indefinitely, but I know I will need some welding tips eventually.
Darrel
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Call these guys:
http://www.regulatortorchrepair.com/
888-343-6467
contacts@regulatortorchrepair.com

I've worked with them and had a great experience. They should be able to tell you right away if the Meco cutting attachment will fit another torch handle. And they can likely source Meco tips for you too.
Dave
aka "RTFM"