Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
682bear
    Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:59 pm

I have a Harris torch outfit complete with regulators and backflash arrestors that I would sell if you are interested. I'm just west of Atlanta, so maybe we could meet up if you want them.

-Bear
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

I have (2) Victor J-27 "aircraft" torches and a whole bunch of tips, 2 huge WWII era 'Rego' gauges with brass diaphragms. Regos rebuilt in the early '70's, still perfect. The Victor gauges (both) died years ago.

One torch is old, other is really old, , , the 1st J-27 my brother gave me (early '70's), he allus had trouble with it. The 2 little 'o-rings' on the tips were always getting 'chewed up', bought 2 new sets, welding supply guy knew me & my bro, he told me to 'lick' the o-rings before changing tips, the torch(s) work(s) perfectly & I still have a spare set of o-rings! Bro went to Smiths, , ,

I'm a Chevy man myself, , ,

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
The_Fixer
    Fri May 13, 2016 3:54 am

hey_allen wrote:
The_Fixer wrote:In Oz most old regulators and torches pre mid 90s are pretty much junk now.
Reason being cylinder pressures were increased from 2400 psi to about 3000 ....

Wouldn't it only be the regulators that would be obsolete? Anything downstream of the reg would be at welding pressure, not bottle supply pressures.
Despite regulatory changes, and legislators' opinions of their regulatory authority, oxy-fuel ratios are dictated by physics and chemistry, as is the maximum fuel gas pressure when using Acetylene. :D
Yes, you are quite correct. I wasn't thinking there....
Oxy equipment often comes as a set, so maybe that's where I tripped up...
Acetylene wasn't changed if I recall correctly, but in our industry they don't tend to last 100 years as they get knocked around too much. Given the risk if the regulator fail to regulate properly, I'd still be going new or reworked by a certified repairer