Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
kitch0202
    Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi All,
Nice to have a forum where you can gather info. I bought a ProWeld CT520, 3 in 1 welder, Tig, Arc and plasma. My issue is with the plasma, wont work, but more importantly, I cant see that it would work. There is only 2 wires going to the hand piece, this is traced back to the flow control switch on the air intake. I know there must be a source for ground, but where is or what powers the torch tip?

My second issue is with the TIG side of the welder. The air intake for the plasma is the only connection that is piped to flow through the Lead/Pipe to the handle. There is plumbing and a separate pipe for the TIG, but it only plumbs to the gauge on the front. I would have thought that it would have to have a "T" junction at the lead connector connection (Internal) and a non return valve for the air intake.

I know, my fault for buying chinese crap, but it should still work if I make the changes.

Will post photo`s soon so you can better see what I am talking about.

Appreciate your help.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Firstly, welcome.

Secondly, is this the same as your machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBR7irqnYKU

(Sprechen sie Deutsche? Nein? ;) )

I don't own the CT520 but I do own a Chinese combined Tig, Stick, Plasma machine. On mine, the inlet at the back of the machine takes air (compressor) for Plasma cutting and you switch over to gas (Argon) for Tig welding.

Likewise at the front, the gas outlet is of course air for Plasma and Argon for Tig.

The Plasma torch takes its power from a Dinse connector.

The machine in this video appears to be configured very similarly.

Hope this helps a little. Post pics as soon as you can and maybe we can get this sorted for you.

Kym
noli
    Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:32 am

Hi, where to connection when using the tig torch and plasma.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

hi kitch and welcome. Your machine will most likely do all functions, but you will have to read the manual to learn how to switch it from one function to another. As far as the air for plasma and argon for tig welding, will use the same port and YOU will have to physically change from one to another or install a T with control valves. The plasma torch will connect at the dinse connector. The plasma torch will probably use a pilot arc to start. But either read the manual or get one on line.
lostinthebush
    Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:29 pm

Buddy had one of these, after few months plasma quit working also. just uses tig n arc...dealer said has to take in to get fixed. Said there were start contacts that can be cleaned inside unit.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

hey Kitch, did you ever get that puppy figured out?
taiwanluthiers
    Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:21 am

kitch0202 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:01 pm Hi All,
Nice to have a forum where you can gather info. I bought a ProWeld CT520, 3 in 1 welder, Tig, Arc and plasma. My issue is with the plasma, wont work, but more importantly, I cant see that it would work. There is only 2 wires going to the hand piece, this is traced back to the flow control switch on the air intake. I know there must be a source for ground, but where is or what powers the torch tip?

My second issue is with the TIG side of the welder. The air intake for the plasma is the only connection that is piped to flow through the Lead/Pipe to the handle. There is plumbing and a separate pipe for the TIG, but it only plumbs to the gauge on the front. I would have thought that it would have to have a "T" junction at the lead connector connection (Internal) and a non return valve for the air intake.

I know, my fault for buying chinese crap, but it should still work if I make the changes.

Will post photo`s soon so you can better see what I am talking about.

Appreciate your help.
I've owned an Andeli CT520.

Do you not have a ground clamp where the electropositive goes?

Also Andeli torch, plasma torch have the welding wire integrated in the air hose. If yours do not, you will hook the separate wire to the din connection. The other wire is for the trigger only.
taiwanluthiers
    Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:21 am

Also, did you actually use the plasma function? Did it work or did you assume it won't work? Their line of product all integrate the weld cable and the gas hose into a single cable.

Obviously you're going to have to switch the machine to plasma mode.

If pressing the switch does nothing, perhaps the switch is broken, if so replace it. You should be able to find replacement thumb switches on Amazon.

Their products aren't bad, they work well if you know how to use it. Seen lots of YouTube vids where they put all these Chinese machines through their paces and they do work.