Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
Rasim
    Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:21 pm

I tried to research online and AWS D1.1 book, but no success, I cannot find the answer on my question;
If a welder is certified for AWS D1.1-2015; Filler Metal: AWS A5.20, Class E71T-1/9, F6; Base Metal Spec.: ASTM A36,is he certified for both FCAW-S (self-shielded) and FCAW-G (gas shielded) processes or he must be certified for both processes separate?
Thank you
snoeproe
    Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:37 am

I can't say I know the guidelines for AWS testing. I'm going to guess not.
I can say that Yes, with the CWB in Canada, passing an all position flux core test qualifies you for both flux core (s), flux core (g) as well as metal core wire.
HT2-4956
    Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am

Rasim wrote:I tried to research online and AWS D1.1 book, but no success, I cannot find the answer on my question;
If a welder is certified for AWS D1.1-2015; Filler Metal: AWS A5.20, Class E71T-1/9, F6; Base Metal Spec.: ASTM A36,is he certified for both FCAW-S (self-shielded) and FCAW-G (gas shielded) processes or he must be certified for both processes separate?
Thank you
Rasim,

I tried to post a link to screen captures I made of tables 4.12 and 4.5 from the 2010 D1.1 that apply to your question but it got disallowed by management for being a link to "illegal or pirated software". Being as I've shared screen shots of relevant parts of various electronic copies of codes I've got quite a bit in the past (on another forum) with out problems I'm not sure just what it is that I'm doing that's supposedly wrong.