Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
Vulpine welder
    Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello Everybody,

So like the headliner says I'm thinking of becoming a welding instructor, however I have no idea how to even get started. I am currently welding now and have had some school but I'm not sure what steps I should be taking to further my education in this area. Any advice would be great, I'm not looking to become one over night, but would like to possibly do it as I get older and it gets harder to move around. Thanks!
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I think it varies a lot depending on what level your looking to teach at.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I know all my instructors at my tech school are CWIs and CWEs. And I wish you the best of luck with those storms rolling through your area. I am near Fergus falls this summer on my uncles farm so I am sitting here watching the storm roll through.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Homemade
    Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 am

At what level? Vocational tech school? Or high school. Or at one company? I would think if your are looking at high school you’ll need more then experience. Like a masters in education. Tech school I think you could get away without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Homemade wrote:At what level? Vocational tech school? Or high school. Or at one company? I would think if your are looking at high school you’ll need more then experience. Like a masters in education. Tech school I think you could get away without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here in Wisconsin, you can become a high school instructor in trades classes with solely experience. They work with you to get your teaching licence because they are desperate for teachers. One of my tech school instructor is working on his PHD in adult education (probably not necessary but he is that type of guy-go get it) and as I said before they all are certified Welding educators through the AWS.

https://www.aws.org/certification/detai ... or-program
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick