Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
Morius
    Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi

I''m going to have an interview coming up soon. Part of it will be the weld test. I don't think it will be an actual certification as there will be 120 hrs of training if I get the job. When I was talking to the HR person for this company she told me that I should be prepared for the FC-5, FC-6, and FC-7 weld tests, but said that includes a vert up. I've been googling this for 2 days now and I can't seem to find out anything about these tests. I know it's for flux core, but positions 5 and 6 tend to be for pipefitting and I can't find out anything about 7. Plus I had the understanding that if you say "vert up" you're talking about plate tests, not pipe.

Can anyone clear this up for me? Or is this most likely just an HR person that doesn't understand what she's talking about?

Thank you
Morius
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Prolly HR dont know a whole lot about what shes talkin about. They probably have several differant welding procedures for differant types of joints and materials and what not, and they probably label em FC-1, FC-2, SM-1, GM-1, GT-1, and so on. Problem is that doesnt tell you a damn thing about the procedure itself.

Talk to the HR person and see if you can get ahold of the person administering the test, usually the shop foreman, and talk to him. Thats yer best bet.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?