Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
dirtydeeds
    Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 pm

I have looked all over the internet for a place to take a pipe test and can't find it. I need at a minimum a flat position test with AWS certification. I am practicing my 6G but still need to work on the cover pass.

I'm looking to pass using NR211 .068 wire.
dirtydeeds

Only 8 views????

Is there anywhere is San Diego to take the test?
dirtydeeds

So bumping the thread gave me a few more views but still no replies? This is killing me! There is a test place about 100 miles away:( I want something closer. Anybody?
dirtydeeds

Thx! I appreciate that:)

Its crazy how much those places make per student. I'm still on the lookout! Anybody else?
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Hey brotha, I'm outta Las Vegas, pretty close to ya. Out here we got a couple places, Davis Labs or somethin like that bein the predominant one. Check and see if they got a Davis Labs around San Diego. Oh ya, they aint cheap. I think it was a couple hundred bucks for an x-ray. Might be cheaper if you only get a bend test done.

Also, I believe they have a test center locator on the aws homepage.

Did the hard work for ya :)http://www.aws.org/certification/docs/a ... g_0711.pdf If they cant certify ya, i can almost guarentee they can point ya to someone who can. Good luck brotha.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
TheExpert

Good idea dear. I have heard about this once. You will get good experience at there as it provides better services.
dirtydeeds

kermdawg wrote:Hey brotha, I'm outta Las Vegas, pretty close to ya. Out here we got a couple places, Davis Labs or somethin like that bein the predominant one. Check and see if they got a Davis Labs around San Diego. Oh ya, they aint cheap. I think it was a couple hundred bucks for an x-ray. Might be cheaper if you only get a bend test done.

Also, I believe they have a test center locator on the aws homepage.

Did the hard work for ya :)http://www.aws.org/certification/docs/a ... g_0711.pdf If they cant certify ya, i can almost guarentee they can point ya to someone who can. Good luck brotha.

Right on, I appreciate it! I've been on the site and looked at that page, the closest place on that page is over 50 miles away. I was Hoping there was a test site in San Diego which wasn't listed or something. It's crazy that San Diego is so big, and there isn't a testing center here, at least not listed on the site:(