Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
dave323
    Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:58 am

Hi. I'm trying to get out at the nuke as a electrician welder. The procter for the test is a pipefitter and doesn't want electricians welding. The test is just the verticle and overhead, SMAW welding, 7018 on reverse polarity DC. No grinders or wire brush wheel allowed for the electrician. You can only run straight stringers. You're not allowed to bring in any of your own tools or gear. I've been practising welding test plates with only a wire brush and pecking hammer in the booth with me.

I am open to any tips to getting this perfect first time. On my overhead I usually turn up the heat and melt it in. I have been told to turn it down and use more finesse out there. Any advice would be appreciated.
dave323
    Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:58 am

Do to the overwhelming response to my post I decided to just burn rods. My horizontal is so pretty I want to take pictures and post them on youtube, but my verticle is still iffy. I seem to do better with an increased rod angle (25degree) and picking up the speed. Watching the puddle and keeping it consistant is all I can do I guess.
TheExpert

An electrician is a tradesman specializing in electrical wiring of buildings, stationary machines and related equipment. Electricians may be employed in the installation of new electrical components or the maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure. Electricians may also specialize in wiring ships, airplanes and other mobile platforms. In the film industry and on a television crew the Electrician is referred to as a Gaffer. "Electrician" and "electrical contractor" are related terms. An electrician is an individual tradesperson. An electrical contractor is a business that employs electricians to design, install, and maintain electrical systems. In most of the United States, separate licensing requirements exist for electricians and electrical contractors. Electricians are typically not allowed to perform work for the public unless under the employment of an electrical contractor.
So if you want to become electrician welder then you must known to this and you need a great interest in this.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Whats an electrician welder exactly?
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

An electrician welder can hang his own uni-strut. Doesn't need a welder to stick it in for him.

Just a guess.

Steve