Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Im thinking some kind of semi intelligent spam bot, Otto.

Mick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I tend to agree, Mick.

It was close enough to let it pass for a minute or two... My guess is if we let it go a few days, we'll not hear again, but after accidentally removing a real person once, I'm more cautious about immediately booting things that aren't "obvious" spam.

Steve S
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

when it seems flat out weird , i can it straight away.

This guy is a little weird, so lets let him stay for a little while, but have the chopper ready. lol
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey,

when it seems flat out weird , i can it straight away.

This guy is a little weird, so lets let him stay for a little while, but have the chopper ready. lol
i feel like i missed something here. what's going on??

jwmacawful,

It's about Mahi's first and only post, earlier in the thread. It's either badly misplaced, or a spambot, but makes enough sense to belong in the TIG forum if that's what it was intended for.

Since it's not obviously spam or other abuse of the forum, we're going to wait and see whether Mahi is a legitimate member.

I was hoping discussing his post would prompt a reply from him.

Steve S
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:jwmacawful,

It's about Mahi's first and only post, earlier in the thread. It's either badly misplaced, or a spambot, but makes enough sense to belong in the TIG forum if that's what it was intended for.

Since it's not obviously spam or other abuse of the forum, we're going to wait and see whether Mahi is a legitimate member.

I was hoping discussing his post would prompt a reply from him.

Steve S
10/4
lazerbeam
    Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 am

Hey guys, I wanted to get this back to the top because of some questions that have come up in my classes.

Are you working from WPS for GMAW structural steel? I am asking because GMAW short circuit is not allowed in any of the pre-approved procedures in D1.1.

If someone did go through the procedure qualification for GMAW-S and then wrote a WPS, I would like to get a copy of at least the WPS to share with my classes.

I also have my students do test plates with GMAW just to test their skill level and I was wondering if the AWS ever approved GMAW-S for anything over 3/16".

Thanks,
Kevin

I can't give you specifics, but the AAR approved a WPS for GMAW-S.

You can't do GMAW in other than flat position without short-circuit.

I can't fathom AWS not having a coverage for this; ASME has short-circuit MIG in the boiler code. MIG root, FCAW out is a common boiler test.

Steve S