Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
genabulele
    Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 am

I have been welding for a couple of years now; Stick mostly and some Mig. Iam looking for a tig instructional video on pipe welding.
I would love to own a video that teaches Tig welding parameters, techniques like Walking the cup and the actual Tig pipe welding sequence demonstrated. (how you do it well).
Have seen a lot of Tig videos on You tube, but I think I need something more professionally presented and detailed on TIG PIPE WELDING.
Thank you for the time taken to read this post.

George.
Las Palmas, Spain.
rickbreezy
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 pm

I too noticed the lack of any sort of usefull pipe tig specific(or really pipe at all) welding videos. Let me know if you find anything.

Check the websites of the big schools (hobart, lincoln, ect) I know hobart sells very in depth manuals and videos on everything, but I think the videos are a bit pricey and meant to be sold to votech schools and community colleges.
rickbreezy
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 pm

http://www.welding.org/c-3-welding-trai ... rials.aspx

This is the website link for hobarts training materials. The video for welding 6 inch pipe comes with instructor tests and books and costs 995 dollers. Thats becuase its meant for votech school purchase.

The books are pretty good though, and range from 15 to 30 bucks, though nothing beats a video.

I also checked lincoln electric welding shools website. The books all seem more fitted for a welder with an interest in welding history and engeneering, so in other words, theory instead of practice. And the videos all seems amatuerish.

So no luck here boss, unless you happen to have 995 dollers to blow. Sorry,

-Rick