Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
nathan
    Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:20 pm

I had this in the wish list thread and Otto said it would be better here, so

Just wondering if anybody has any idea where I can get copies of everything related to metal, welding, and metal fab? I'm really green, looking to learn all about alloys, metallurgy, weld specs, processes, etc. I know it sounds cocky and I don't mean it cocky, but I want to be the best and know the most. The way I see it, if I know a lot about metals, tools, etc., it will make me a better welder, so I am trying to learn everything I can. Gonna make me a little Texas library of metalwork, I guess.

Digital copies are somewhat preferred, as I would like to be able to carry it all with me, but paper is cool too =)
Instagram: @nathanppiatt

Owner/welder at Homegrown Metal Fab

Lincoln Weld-Pak 125 HD
Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
Lincoln Port-a-torch
30" 40 ton homegrown press brake
Northern Industrial1HP 3/4" chuck, 16 speed drill press
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Google (or Bing, whatever) "Avesta welding manual"

You'll have access to a library that will take years to read,
and can download what you like as PDFs.

It's more metallurgy than technique, but both are present.

Steve S
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

nathan wrote:I had this in the wish list thread and Otto said it would be better here, so

Just wondering if anybody has any idea where I can get copies of everything related to metal, welding, and metal fab? I'm really green, looking to learn all about alloys, metallurgy, weld specs, processes, etc. I know it sounds cocky and I don't mean it cocky, but I want to be the best and know the most. The way I see it, if I know a lot about metals, tools, etc., it will make me a better welder, so I am trying to learn everything I can. Gonna make me a little Texas library of metalwork, I guess.

Digital copies are somewhat preferred, as I would like to be able to carry it all with me, but paper is cool too =)
lincoln electric, through it's james f. lincoln arc welding foundation has a extensive selection of reading material on welding/metallurgy. they also publish a "procedure handbook" which is packed with useful information. you can also haunt the second hand book stores. you can also check out the public library. if you're really feeling ambitious you can go online and research the major publishing houses that specialize in industrial processes for titles that interest you. for example if you're working in the shipyards cornell maritime press has loads of information on welding in that industry. i hope this helps you out.
nathan
    Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:20 pm

jwmacawful wrote:
nathan wrote:I had this in the wish list thread and Otto said it would be better here, so

lincoln electric, through it's james f. lincoln arc welding foundation has a extensive selection of reading material on welding/metallurgy. they also publish a "procedure handbook" which is packed with useful information. you can also haunt the second hand book stores. you can also check out the public library. if you're really feeling ambitious you can go online and research the major publishing houses that specialize in industrial processes for titles that interest you. for example if you're working in the shipyards cornell maritime press has loads of information on welding in that industry. i hope this helps you out.
It does help! thank you very much. I found the James F. Lincoln library shortly after posting this lol
Instagram: @nathanppiatt

Owner/welder at Homegrown Metal Fab

Lincoln Weld-Pak 125 HD
Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
Lincoln Port-a-torch
30" 40 ton homegrown press brake
Northern Industrial1HP 3/4" chuck, 16 speed drill press