Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
Aleksi86
    Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:15 am

Hi last friday i did 6g smaw 6mm x 60mm pipe test. It passed the visual inspection but now it will be send to xray monday. Its my first xray (remember the fealing?) I was bretty pleaced way it came out, root was the best part of it very uniform and there was one litle mistake what are allowed 6-7clock(dont know the rigt term at english) DARM i was too nervouse at first..Im mainly worry about the cap,at 6clock cap tiein was too big but it was the only failure whit cap.. Well lets see what happens mainly im realy happy that i could do that test and pass visual :) practise,practise its realy is the key whit a good motivation and tough mind...

7018 root fill and cap at 6g .
Esab 48,00 7018
Kemppi Master 2300
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Congratulations!

Don't sweat about the x-ray too much. Usually, when you feel comfortable with the weld, you're in good shape.

Let us know how it goes...

Steve S
Aleksi86

Okey i will.. Today it was mailed hope it will hear soon :D if it will pass next is time for tig 6g but i think it will be easier for me then stick.. At least can weld litle slower :)
Aleksi86

JIPPIII :D :D Xray answers came this morning and it passed well.. Funny thing i was so attitude of failure so i wouldent be dissepointed.. This gives me much self-confidence now.. And also i was offered a job welding aluminium by pulse MIG. Starting wage of 16Euros,i dont know how much its at dollars (Here that is good wage for new welder).. But now my 6G smaw is not important there :x But i think its still shows that i can weld anyway??... I was stubborn when my "teacher" did not want to or encourage me for welding that 6G,i learned it by my self.. HAH I saw hes face when he came today and say that it pass.. ;) Hes not teacher material at all. Any way thanks For JODY YOUR VIDEOS REALY ARE GOOD STUFF/WHIT PRACTISE

Congratulations!

Both for the x-ray pass, and the job offer!

Steve S
Aleksi86

Thanks Steve :) You are the best here in jodys forum.. Whis that i will be keeping my intres alive allso at after 20years welding.. Now i will start learn my best at Mig Al (pulse).. Thursday i start there,can wait to learn/master another weldin progress...
YesMadBro
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Congrats man! I have tig and stick uphill + downhill testing next month. Glad you passed your test, congrats on the job offer. Also I'm bored and looked it up, 16 euros is about 21.50 in USD
Aleksi86

Thanks... Now been two days at that place welding AL whit pulse MIG there is Lincoln 320 wave i think its made for aluminium welding (im not sure about thoose numbers but same kind that jody has one video.. Never weld whit Lincoln/ wires. And that is realy easy-good machine to use just select the program number and wire speed (very handy that chart).. Job it self is easy for now :D But after christmas i will start to do welding at factorys as at repairman they have many places where they keep machines/lines running. So you never know what is broken and where and i "try 8-) " to fix it... I like that variance what that brings along.. So difficult situations is coming soon :D But i think its good way to learn more and come better welder for future.. And money is totaly different then shop welding in my home town...

Alexi,

That's great! Working in the field and having to solve problems means you'll rarely do the same job (or do it the same way) twice! Work that exersizes your brain AND your skills is rewarding, and if you prove yourself, the money can only go up!

Good for you!

Steve S
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Back when I was teaching myself to weld, years ago,
Some of my friends( better welds then me)
They would make fun of my welds and said they looked like crap
But I kept practicing with my buzz-box 225 and open air 1/8 7018,
I kept getting better welds.
So keep it up, and don't let anybody get you down.
Keep it up ;) ;)

John :)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024