Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
jrogers80
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm

I am new to this forum. Where is the best place to find study material for taking different certifications without going to a school? I have been and currently weld everyday at a family owned business but I am wanting to get some certifications without going to a weld school. Any suggestions?
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

jrogers80 wrote:I am new to this forum. Where is the best place to find study material for taking different certifications without going to a school? I have been and currently weld everyday at a family owned business but I am wanting to get some certifications without going to a weld school. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum friend!!! :D

Here's a quick read on welding certification.

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/wel ... ation.html
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
jrogers80
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Thanks for the info but I have already read that. Main point being "just show up at any accredited test facility and take a test (having practiced)..... that's it where do I find the practice requirements? Will the test facility tell me the specifics of say a up hill 7018 on 1" plate? So I can practice for the test or say for a 6g pipe.
Mongol
    Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:56 pm

If it's an AWS/ASME/API certification they should have a WPS for you to go by. This will outline all your parameters.

There are no requirements for practice, though it is encouraged.

If you're going in for a certification then you should know exactly what the test will be.