Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
mbcolclasure
    Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum and the welding community. I have a question for all of you seasoned career welders. I am currently in IT and I'm bored out of my mind and I enjoy working with my hands. The company I work for has a machine shop where they employ welders and machinist and I'm interested into moving into that career path...I have always been interested in welding but have never learned. Any advice or info on beginning in the welding profession? Good starting pay? Steady work? Tips for learning and certification? Thanks in advance!
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Depending on your IT position you are going to take a more than likely large pay cut when you first start. If its something your interested in take a night class at a CC and see if you really do like it. Then take the program, learn as much as you can, get as many certs as you can, as that will help get you some extra $$ when you first start. Steady work, as a welder there's always work but you may have to move for it depending on your region. What type of delis are you most interested in? That will determine $$ too.