Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

TRACKRANGER wrote:Hi John

Great effort and really great result!

Congratulations, and thanks for telling the who story in pictures.

(Now, if you only improve a little bit on that exhaust pipe stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: )

You can rest assured, none of those exhaust pipe welds are mine.
I was just giving redrotors a little fooling with.
He thought he was tough stuff. ;)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

AKweldshop wrote: You can rest assured, none of those exhaust pipe welds are mine.
I was just giving redrotors a little fooling with.
He thought he was tough stuff. ;)
I knew that.

You won.
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Excellent job and appears very consistent weave for as wide as that was. Reminds me to sharpen up ony mig skills, I do less and less of that at work.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Nice work and a great test! I have had other welders tell me that the widest you can weave is what is called for in that particular WPS you are going off of!!!

I teach my students to practice (a LOT of practice)! both weave and stringers. I have some who will only stick with what they are comfortable with because they are afraid of "looking bad". I would suggest that to anyone: practice both because you never know what the WPS is going to ask you to do!
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Rick_H wrote:Excellent job and appears very consistent weave for as wide as that was. Reminds me to sharpen up on my mig skills, I do less and less of that at work.

I just saw this.
You think this is mig, Rick?
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

AKweldshop wrote: I just saw this.
You think this is mig, Rick?
Nah, couldn't have (well I certainly hope couldn't have)
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc