Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
Migman1069
    Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum- first time posting a question so I hope I'm doing this right.

I have a Miller Dynasty 300 DX tig runner. It seems to take far to long for the puddle to form. Using the 1 amp per thousand rule welding cold rolled steel w/ straight argon @ 15 cfm the puddle should form pretty fast.
I can't seem to initiate the initial amps or the initial and final slope functions.

Anyone who is familiar with the dynasty 300dx and can help, I would be indebted to. I'm new to the Tig process.

Thank you
Tigman 1069
forrestderp
    Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:51 am

Migman1069 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum- first time posting a question so I hope I'm doing this right.

I have a Miller Dynasty 300 DX tig runner. It seems to take far to long for the puddle to form. Using the 1 amp per thousand rule welding cold rolled steel w/ straight argon @ 15 cfm the puddle should form pretty fast.
I can't seem to initiate the initial amps or the initial and final slope functions.

Anyone who is familiar with the dynasty 300dx and can help, I would be indebted to. I'm new to the Tig process.

Thank you
Tigman 1069
Try turning your slope feature off.

Migman1069 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum- first time posting a question so I hope I'm doing this right.

Thank you
Tigman 1069
Here's a video produced by Miller covering the basics of setup and TIG welding (including the Dynasty) which my be helpful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I73S7fBStsY
Richard
Website
Migman1069
    Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Thank You to LtBadd and forrestderp for replying. I'll give it a try.
Migman1069