Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
plain ol Bill
    Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:46 pm

New boiler starting up and I was the first welder to test for the job. Foreman told me "You ain't gonna believe this weld tech these idiots hired". Got paper work done and this really cute and trim little blond comes out and hands me a couple of coupons for the tube test and then goes back into the office. So I prep them, tack up and put into 6G position. Put the root in and then wait a little while for inspection. Finally went into the office and asked her if she wanted to look at the root? She came out, took out a fancy little flashlight and checked out the root without ever looking on the inside! She OK'ed it so I welded it out and they pictured it.
Come to find out she had been working part time downtown as a bartender and the guy running the job for the company had gotten intimately friendly with her and hired her. I asked her about her experience when she told me the test passed Xray. Her experience consisted of "I dated a welder once". She was also the safety rep on the job :lol: .
Tired old welder
CNC plasma cutter
Colorful shop w/
Red, blue, yellow, purple, and Hypertherm silver equip.
    Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Bartending is just like QC. You get to listen to whining all the time !
Gerald Austin
If I didn't say it in the post- Have a great day !
Greeneville Tn
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

And hearing people carry on about how good they are.