Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
plain ol Bill
    Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Had a contractor that was having a problem getting folks to pass the root inspection during 6G tube testing. There were four guys to test that morning and the contractor knew me. He had me put root passes in everyone's coupons and they were all a work of art. Then on MY set of coupons I couldn't put a decent root in to save my life. Three guys got the job and I went kicking horse turds down the road -- oh well - you can't win them all.
Next test for them I did not have a problem. We laughed our butts off over it all.
Tired old welder
CNC plasma cutter
Colorful shop w/
Red, blue, yellow, purple, and Hypertherm silver equip.
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Hey Bill, used to happen to me all the time - where one day I soar through the test and the next day is an embarrassment to the welding industry. After a few years, it all became routine. However, I did go in for a real easy TIG test just before I got the gig I have now, and - well!! - I didn't do so well! The guy giving the test wanted to hire me anyway, but the boss said no. Oh well! Now, I ask myself, what in the heck did I do so wrong? And do you know what? I don't have an answer!