Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
Svetsare
    Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 am

Have anyone ever tried this test here? Or even welded it with stick?
I have to do it tomorrow so our company can get a wps for it.
I have only welded 304 and 316 stainless and I would like to know if it welds similary compared to those materials.
I will post later how it went, but If you guys have any experience with it I would like to know.

Svetsare wrote:Have anyone ever tried this test here? Or even welded it with stick?
I have to do it tomorrow so our company can get a wps for it.
I have only welded 304 and 316 stainless and I would like to know if it welds similary compared to those materials.
I will post later how it went, but If you guys have any experience with it I would like to know.
A quick google search , I found this...from here http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1022#weld

Welding

Welding of grade 904L stainless steels can be performed using all conventional methods. This grade does not require pre-heat and post-weld heat treatments. Grade 904L can be subjected to hot cracking in constrained weldment. Grade 904L electrodes and rods are used for welding grade 904L steels according to AS 1554.6.
Richard
Website
Svetsare
    Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks for the info.

I did that test yesterday, it was not a 6g pipe, it was four pipes in 5g position and one in 2g.
It wasn´t much different from normal stainless, only rooting was a little bit harder, but after a couple of practise runs it
went in fine. Now they will go through x-ray and bend test´s, we get the results on monday or tuesday.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Svetsare,
Now get a few pics posted up because I know you will impress us with them.
-Jonathan
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Svetsare wrote:Thanks for the info.

I did that test yesterday, it was not a 6g pipe, it was four pipes in 5g position and one in 2g.
It wasn´t much different from normal stainless, only rooting was a little bit harder, but after a couple of practise runs it
went in fine. Now they will go through x-ray and bend test´s, we get the results on monday or tuesday.
5g sucks.....makes 6g seem like a breeze.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB