Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm not from Australia but if certification there is like it is here then I have to have an employer sign off on and send in paperwork every 6 months to keep my certs up to date. After that there just paper cards like you said. But. 5 days of intense training were you can focouse on just welding with some good over sight can be well worth the time and money. I'd check references of any short term program. Even if it ment I had to call businesses in the area to see if they recognize the training offered by that specific place.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
VincenzioVonHook
    Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Revocide wrote:
VincenzioVonHook wrote:Where are you?
The mild mild West of Australia or Wait Awhile as some call it. Seems there ain't many training facilities down here SW oz.

So I went to look at the Big City, Perth. Well! There are plenty of facilities willing to take my hard earned moolah.

Two notable mentions:

XLT Training - These guys offer training for these SRC cards or Skills Recognition Certificate. Seems like a good idea the BUT is that just recognizes these cards? Could amount to a pretty plastic card in your wallet and not much else.

The other is

Australian Welding Academy - Sounds legit with a name like that does it not. For $1600 they will train me for 5 days and give me a certificate of Welder Training and attain a coded welder qualification I just need to pass a test for the relevant process and to the AS/NZS 1554.1 standard.

Any one heard of these

Revo
It does make it hard when you aren't in a major city. I have become accustom to living in Brisbane where there are a few TAFE's that do GP welding courses. I have no info about these institutes you have mentioned, but does the second one offer all processes for the $1600? The TAFE course I completed covers MIG, TIG, SMAW, and teaches you routine oxy welding, brazing and soldering for $550ish.