Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
cb400chopper
    Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:20 am

Hi guys and girls,

Just wondering if any of the Aussies here in NSW have completed their AS1796 certification with a training provider other than TAFE and if it was available to do it in weekly blocks?
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I'm not in nsw. There is one non tafe mob I know of in sydney.
http://www.emhindustries.com.au
It will cost you 3k for the first cert.
You must have a compelling reason not to go tafe.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
cb400chopper

Not nearly $1500 compelling, only real reason as I was looking to do it in blocks to save dragging it out over 18weeks
Coldman

I hear you man. Trouble is any private route is going to cost a bomb. I checked with WTIA, if you ring their NSW state coordinator, Peter Cryer (02) 9543 2452, he can advise you of other registered training organisations in your area that can deliver certs1-9 and also inform you of training options direct from WTIA (OzWeldSchool).
cb400chopper

Thanks Coldman, I had sent off an info request but hadn't received anything and was having trouble finding contact details rather than a hotline.
Coldman

I didn't realise the number was a hotline.
Try contacting the training officer Kim Griffiths 02 8748 0108 or email training@wtia.com.au
I know that number is direct to her desk. You have to keep trying till she picks up.

The new WTIA website is a PITA, it sends you in circles without revealing the information you require unless you have 15K for some engineers certification. Those of us at the bottom of the food chain get the run around I think. Better luck this time.
cb400chopper

Thanks again, sorry I wasn't really clear I meant all I could find was a hotline not that the number you gave me was. I'll give Peter a ring first and see how I go

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk