Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks

Slawkos wrote:Hi lads,

I have to say that it was tough exam, especially the practical one it was only 3 hrs to do all welds flame cut a coupon following a drawing and cut all the welding coupons in a half.... literary battle with time but it was worth it I have passed and I am qualified Welder Journeyman now :D with 77% theory, and 70% of practical, I have screwed my oxy cut as I've cut too big hole. Anyways done and dusted I have learned a lot in last two months.
I would like to say a huge thank you for all the professionals from this great forum who made the great effort and put their own 2 cents towards my eduction I would not succeed without your's tips and good words keeping me positive.

Well I have done all the welds on my practical very nice (pity I can't show you, the mobiles are banned on exams :( :D ) but the GMAW the root was kinda flatish. All SMAW welds were projected in my mind before any arc was strike together with the movements of the hands as Jody suggested in his great videos. My hands were shaken (it meant to be like another day on the workshop ;) ) but finally I've got there.

Thank you again!
Congratulations, your efforts have paid off!
Richard
Website
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Congratulations, Slawkos,

Now, the real education begins... Translating everything you've accomplished into a career. Working in the field is a different animal, and you'll soon see why, but there's a reason the tests are tough (and graded tough), and I think you'll be fine.

Steve S
    Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:32 am

HI there,
thank you guys it was an effort indeed and I'm happy it pays off, I can't wait to deploy the knowledge on the field and learn even more, have to find a job first ;)
Slawkos