Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

Yep AKWeldshops root was impressive, nice and flat, toes held perfect, machine perfect, all lined up. You know when someone asks "did you weld that flat" on your vertical up you got it by the ass. Go ahead, make me feel bad about myself, how old is this fella?
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

He's either 17 or eighteen. I've lost track.

Steve S

They do exist every now and then....."The Natural"

Go back to his pics and looks at the one the slag is peeling off, check out the backdrop in the pic. They can have these damn palm trees and sweat, take that any day.
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
Woodbutcher
    Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 pm

The uncertainty may cease, I got a phone call today to inform me where I may pick up the certification. I passed!!!! Not that I had a single doubt, actually had several. Thanks to you folks for the time and encouragement, and thanks again to my instructor who put in just as much time as I did. And yes akweldshops root pass is awesome. Maybe sometime he could show us how it looks going in.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:The uncertainty may cease, I got a phone call today to inform me where I may pick up the certification. I passed!!!! Not that I had a single doubt, actually had several. Thanks to you folks for the time and encouragement, and thanks again to my instructor who put in just as much time as I did. And yes akweldshops root pass is awesome. Maybe sometime he could show us how it looks going in.
Hot Damn, congratulations!

Everyone who's waited more than a day for the results knows how it feels... No matter how good you felt doing it, the doubts creep in more every day you have to wait.

Steve S

Good deal, congrats!
Woodbutcher
    Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Thanks fellas, ive always strived for quality work, but now it seems I need to hold all tolerances to a higher level. Im sure thats a normal response. Of course as a fairly young man I still have plenty to learn. Thanks again.