It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:43 am Advanced search

CWB Level 1 Practical Exam

Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks

Re: CWB Level 1 Practical Exam

Postby mostafizur » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:16 pm

Can anybody please help me with level 1 practical exam advices specially how to measure?

Thanks!
Mostafiz
mostafizur

Postby mostafizur » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:Kasey's stats say he last visited May 19, 5 days after he joined. It's not unusual for someone to come here with a specific question and move on after it's answered.

There are others here familiar with that test, though. You may need to start a fresh topic to get their attention, though.

Steve S

Thanks for the advice
mostafizur

Postby TrunkMonkey315 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:02 am

I'm a Journeyman/Red Seal welder and I managed to fail the practical the first go. I also didn't follow the instructions and circled more than one fault on my samples. I asked the lady at the front desk what I should do if I find more than one, her reply was "pick the most obvious". It is a fairly easy test, if you see a fault right away that's the one you should mark down. Once you identify it measure it and compare it to the generic welding standard they give you and either accept or reject the sample making sure to mark down the size of fault you observed.

What problem with measuring are you having? The easiest way if you haven't had any training in inspection tools is look up youtube videos. There's several available that show you how to use the gauges provided for the exam. (Vwac, fillet, bridge cam, hi lo and a basic ruler.)
TrunkMonkey315

Previous

Return to Welding Certification - Stick/Arc Welding, Tig Welding, Mig Welding Certification tests - Welding Tests of all kinds