Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

How did you come upon this again lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk[/quote]

Well, you start with 20 guys, then you have 12 fail the drug test, 13 fail the weld test, 15 the math and 16 who won't show up the first day. I see my math is wrong. I think I forgot about the extra 16 guys who won't show up the first day. OOPPS! LOL! But I think that the assessment is just about spot on!
Gary
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I see what is meant by this statistic....

Out of any 20 guys who apply, if the drug test is given first, 12 will fail... If the weld test is first, 13 will fail... If the math is first, (the guy quoting this statistic will fail... :lol:) 15 of them will fail, and if you just tell 20 idiots they're hired, 16 won't show.

"There is no truth, there are no facts. Just data to be manipulated." Joe Walsh--"The Garden of Allah"

"When they own the information, they can bend it all they want." John Meyer--"Waiting on the World to Change."

Steve S
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Figures never lie But liars can figure.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Poland308 wrote:Figures never lie But liars can figure.
I like that. I might borrow/steal that.

Steve S
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

That's how I got it :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

"Figures never lie, gut liars can figure" Wow ... who would figure that?
WildWestWelder
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:43 pm

When I had my large shop (CNC machining) I always told everybody that I don't tell you what time to leave your house I just tell you what time to be here. Everybody also knew that they had to come dressed for work. I was always impressed with prospective employees showed up for an interview dressed so they could go to work right then and there. I never did like it when somebody would show up with slacks and a tie for a machine shop position.

I will dress nice for an interview, but it's "work nice", not "casual Friday" nice. I also would bring a duffel with everything I need to test on the spot if asked.

All you have to do to look like you know what you're doing (and get that test) is come prepared. We've had jokers show up in shorts and sandals, Gulf Coast casual dress.

Steve S
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:I will dress nice for an interview, but it's "work nice", not "casual Friday" nice. I also would bring a duffel with everything I need to test on the spot if asked.

All you have to do to look like you know what you're doing (and get that test) is come prepared. We've had jokers show up in shorts and sandals, Gulf Coast casual dress.

Steve S
Then you tell them to do a weld test on overhead or vertical short circuit mig. One guy came to welding school with the holiest jeans I've ever seen. I looked at him and said-don't go weld today, I don't like the smell of burning denim. It would be kind of funny to watch a guy weld with sandals and shorts-I can see it now. A lot of dancing, shouting, and hair lost.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

We usually don't bother. You're not supposed to step on the shop floor without safety-toe shoes or boots. Show up without those to a job with welding, and it's a "No, thank you."

Steve S