It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 pm Advanced search

AHP Everlast customer lack of support

A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products

Re: AHP Everlast customer lack of support

Postby Texas Grey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 pm

I ordered the same machine on Jan 3rd through Amazon (AHP Distributor) at the same price. Received an email on Jan 9th that the welder has shipped.

Amazon original advised a mid February receipt date but I've seen these dates vary quite often. One can't tell if it just shipped from California or China. But I did just notice Home Depots price just increased.
Texas Grey

Postby ljdm1956 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Amazon price also went up, 30.00. Mine was ordered 1/9, should have it by 1/17, shipping from California to NY. The original Feb date was issued to avoid Amazon charging AHP a penalty if the shipment was late. Not sure if its a good or bad thing, using the UPS tracking number allows me to follow shipping progress, but then its just makes you more anxious knowing day by day where it is until it gets here!
ljdm1956

Postby Texas Grey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 pm

ljdm1956 wrote:Amazon price also went up, 30.00. Mine was ordered 1/9, should have it by 1/17, shipping from California to NY. The original Feb date was issued to avoid Amazon charging AHP a penalty if the shipment was late. Not sure if its a good or bad thing, using the UPS tracking number allows me to follow shipping progress, but then its just makes you more anxious knowing day by day where it is until it gets here!

That's good info to know regarding AHP's extended shipping date to avoid penalties. I just checked mine for the first time (on your advise) and seems it will be here Monday. :D

Although it's forecast to be in the 20's here Monday in west Texas, you'll find me in the shop in camouflage coveralls on Tuesday.
Texas Grey

Postby ljdm1956 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Texas Grey wrote:
ljdm1956 wrote:Amazon price also went up, 30.00. Mine was ordered 1/9, should have it by 1/17, shipping from California to NY. The original Feb date was issued to avoid Amazon charging AHP a penalty if the shipment was late. Not sure if its a good or bad thing, using the UPS tracking number allows me to follow shipping progress, but then its just makes you more anxious knowing day by day where it is until it gets here!

That's good info to know regarding AHP's extended shipping date to avoid penalties. I just checked mine for the first time (on your advise) and seems it will be here Monday. :D

Although it's forecast to be in the 20's here Monday in west Texas, you'll find me in the shop in camouflage coveralls on Tuesday.

Dont feel bad for you, here in upstate NY, when I get mine Wed, forecast is low 20's also! Now that you tracked the shipment, you'll be watching out the window every 5 mins for the UPS man!
ljdm1956

Postby ljdm1956 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Whoopee! It's here. But so is a snow storm. Top it all off, my mother is having hip surgery today, 84yrs old, high risk. Damn, when it rains, it pours. Or in my case, snows!
ljdm1956

Postby aland » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 pm

ljdm1956 wrote:Whoopee! It's here. But so is a snow storm. Top it all off, my mother is having hip surgery today, 84yrs old, high risk. Damn, when it rains, it pours. Or in my case, snows!

Hope it goes well for her. My MIL and FIL were both in the hospital at the same time, my wife and daughter flew back to see them, both were in different hospitals...luckily both are at home in stable condition now. My MIL had a full cast last year as she fell in the bath and hurt her hip...

My thoughts are with your Mom today, may she heal quickly (tough as we get older).

Congrats on your welder! You will have many hours with it, but get the commotion out of the way first with your Mom so you can focus on it.

Alan
aland

Previous

Return to Product Reviews