A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
eaglekiller
    Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:26 pm

I have been looking for a Multiprocess machine to fit into my shop. All my experience is MIg based but want to have the TIG option. I have no desire to have two separate machines since space is limited. Most work is hotrod based frame and sheetmetal fabrication, along with some metal art projects. Looking for some guidance on which machine to choose, going to add a plasma cutter as well if anyone has suggestions.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

I can't give you a comparative answer, but Jody just did a new video making great use of the 210MP. If you've not seen it, it's available on this thread:

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =23&t=9266

Steve S

I can't help you with a comparison on your welders, since my multi-process machine is a Tweco Fabricator 211i. Great machine, love it.

I recently got a Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air plasma cutter and it's the neatest thing since sliced bread. It's got the internal compressor, so I'm not tied to the shop compressor and don't have to tote a compressor in the field. Just plug it into the Bobcat and cut when I'm away from the shop. Being only a 30 amp machine it's rated at 3/8" cut and 5/8" severance, but if you don't need more capacity than that, I certainly recommend it.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

From the specs the Rebel offers more amps. If you are not in a hurry take your time and wait to see some opinions come out on the Rebel.
    Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 pm

From the specs I could not tell if the ESAB Rebel had a spool gun if you might do aluminum. The Lincoln spool gun looks very low WFS and duty cycle, like the Spoolmate 100 for the Miller 211. The Spoolmate 100 was only rated for a WFS that would support 4043 aluminum wire and then not very much at a time so they finally came out with the Spoolmate 150 to give a better duty cycle and the WFS to weld 5356 wire. ESAB / Tweco has a huge magazine full of accessory equipment, I would be surprised if they didn't match up a decent spool gun for the welder. Otherwise, I think they are very similar on specs. The Rebel does look cool though in my opinion.
Jim S.
Miller 211 Autoset
Everlast 255EXT
Everlast Water Cooler (2)
Everlast PowerPlasma 80S
Longevity 250MP
Lincoln 350MP Aluminum
Hypertherm 30Air
Everlast 350EXT

shipj0 wrote:From the specs I could not tell if the ESAB Rebel had a spool gun if you might do aluminum. The Lincoln spool gun looks very low WFS and duty cycle, like the Spoolmate 100 for the Miller 211. The Spoolmate 100 was only rated for a WFS that would support 4043 aluminum wire and then not very much at a time so they finally came out with the Spoolmate 150 to give a better duty cycle and the WFS to weld 5356 wire. ESAB / Tweco has a huge magazine full of accessory equipment, I would be surprised if they didn't match up a decent spool gun for the welder. Otherwise, I think they are very similar on specs. The Rebel does look cool though in my opinion.

Tweco® SG160REB-12 3035 Spool Gun 1027-1397. 160 Amp, 20% Duty Cycle, 630ipm, $310 at Cyberweld. Should support 5356 AL wire for welding 1/8" and maybe 3/16" for short runs.

The Tweco® SG160REB-12 Spool Gun is specifically designed for your ESAB® Rebel™ welder. The SG160REB plugs directly into the front of the Rebel and has an auto-detect feature that automatically switches the Rebel into Spool Gun mode. It is excellent for running 1 lb. spools of aluminum MIG welding wire or 2 lb. spools of mild steel, stainless steel or silicon bronze MIG welding wire.

The SG160REB-12 Spool Gun can also be used with Tweco® Fabricator® multi-process welders (auto-detect feature not available).

Processes •MIG (GMAW) FOR ALUMINUM Wire size: 0.030" - 0.035" (0.8 - 0.9mm)
•MIG (GMAW) FOR MILD & STAINLESS STEEL Wire size: 0.023" - 0.035" (0.6 - 0.9mm)
Jim S.
Miller 211 Autoset
Everlast 255EXT
Everlast PowerPlasma 80S
Longevity 250MP
Lincoln 350MP Aluminum
Hypertherm 30Air
Everlast 350EXT

All that previous stuff said, for my $.02, I will give you the advise I give my friends. If I were purchasing a new first time welder today, I would purchase a Tweco 252i. It will do everything these other welders will do and at a much greater duty cycle for about the same price. At 200amp / 60% duty cycle (150 amp / 100%) with a similar capacity spool gun, most home or light shop users will never outgrow it or decide to build the one time flatbed trailer and wish they had more capability. Tweco is an ESAB product.
Jim S.
Miller 211 Autoset
Everlast 255EXT
Everlast PowerPlasma 80S
Longevity 250MP
Lincoln 350MP Aluminum
Hypertherm 30Air
Everlast 350EXT
thatoneguy
    Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm

I would recommend you look at the Everlast Power MTS251si. MIG, TIG, and Stick. Pulse on TIG and MIG. Excellent machine for less money than those others would be. And for the plasma I would recommend a Hypertherm. But if you don't have that kind of dough then I have a buddy that has the Everlst Power Plasma 80 for a couple years now and loves it. Hope this was helpful!
Everlast Power I-MIG 275P
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Everlast Power Plasma 80S
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene

I have not used this welder but as you can see by my sign, I have several Everlast products and like them quite well. Quality and price are both good. Didn't realize they cam out with this welder, specs look pretty good, 60% duty cycle at 200 amps plus pulse MIG. I also found a review from ChuckE2009 website. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPPgiwYZriQ

Miller also makes the Syncrowave 210 which is an AC/DC TIG unit that you can get with a MIG add-on. Roughly the 200 amp range welder like the Rebel or Lincoln 210MP but is unique in that it does AC TIG for Aluminum, not just DC TIG so all processes in one machine. Downside is all processes in one machine and price $$$$; you could probably buy a higher capacity MIG and AC/DC TIG machine from Everlast or the Lincoln 210MP and 200 Squarewave TIG for less.
Jim S.
Miller 211 Autoset
Everlast 255EXT
Everlast PowerPlasma 80S
Longevity 250MP
Lincoln 350MP Aluminum
Hypertherm 30Air
Everlast 350EXT
thatoneguy
    Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm

shipj0 wrote:I have not used this welder but as you can see by my sign, I have several Everlast products and like them quite well. Quality and price are both good. Didn't realize they cam out with this welder, specs look pretty good, 60% duty cycle at 200 amps plus pulse MIG. I also found a review from ChuckE2009 website. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPPgiwYZriQ

Miller also makes the Syncrowave 210 which is an AC/DC TIG unit that you can get with a MIG add-on. Roughly the 200 amp range welder like the Rebel or Lincoln 210MP but is unique in that it does AC TIG for Aluminum, not just DC TIG so all processes in one machine. Downside is all processes in one machine and price $$$$; you could probably buy a higher capacity MIG and AC/DC TIG machine from Everlast or the Lincoln 210MP and 200 Squarewave TIG for less.
I love everlast. Grew up using millers and Lincolns and I used to own millers until my garage was broken into. Now im still working on replacing my equipment but so far everlast has been my go to. The Power MTS 251SI is a fantastic machine for the money. And just get yourself a bottle of helium and you can weld aluminum on DC with it! :D
Everlast Power I-MIG 275P
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Everlast Power Plasma 80S
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene