A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
MudHog
    Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Looking at buying a Millermatic 215. I'm a newbie but like the fact its all three in one.
Will use for personal project nothing commercial. Plus cost is appealing.
Any feedback or input is welcome.

MudHog wrote:Looking at buying a Millermatic 215. I'm a newbie but like the fact its all three in one.
Will use for personal project nothing commercial. Plus cost is appealing.
Any feedback or input is welcome.
Mudhog, you may get more responses if you post this ? in the MIG and Fluxcore forum.
Richard
Website
fenderbendr6
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:12 pm

I have one that I bought about 15 years ago. It has been absolutely trouble free. I have a Millermatic 185 that I use for sheet metal (collision repair) with .023 wire. I keep .030 wire in the 215 and use it for heavier jobs, mostly frames and .095 tubing, but we sometimes do fab work with up to 1/2" steel and it is very capable there as well.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Do you mean MultiMatic 215? The Milermatic is a MIG box. The MultiMatic is a multi-function DC TIG, MIG, Stick box with MIG Aluminum via Spoolgun, and Flux Core cable box.

I have the MultiMatic 200 (predecessor to 215) and really like it. I also have an AC/DC TIG for special purposes. But the Multi is a great box, full of capabilities and I still use it regularly. MIG welds like a dream, a surprisingly buttery arc or TIG, and Stick welds unusually well for the size box it is. I have only a single complaint that it is "Lift Arc" only for TIG. A HF start would make it a homer in my book.

Hope that helps-