A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

Such as this one?

https://www.ewm-group.com/en/ewmprodukt ... gory_id=29

I've found only youtube reviews (I think) but in ze german language. Either that or he's just really pissed off.
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Ewm make superb top shelf industrial power sources. Fully featured and innovative. They are well priced. Coming from Germany the quality is there but I would check back up service and parts in your area as part of the decision making process.

Sent from my electronic thingy using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I see you are in Sydney. EWM are marketed by BOC in Australia. Not the full EWM range, only a few to complete their own machine offering where there are gaps in their own branded power sources. You can be assured that they will have covered back up service by authorisation well.
There is another supplier of EWM machines in Sydney as well where you can access the full range for the Australian market but I can't seem to find them. A mate of mine bought EWM from them earlier in the year. I will try to contact him, difficult right now as he is on the Wheatstone project - no phones on site and off site he's either sleeping or chewing cans of beer.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

This one was at BOC.

I have one of their Kemppi made 275amp 240V migs with remote that I bought second hand, can't fault it.

But I also have a BOC 180VRD Elite. Little inverter stick welder. Its ex Bechtel, and I paid $350 for it with a new set of leads at auction. However BOC were/are retailing them for around $2100 + GST :shock: Is it mine certified or something, is that why the price? I can't see how its worth anywhere near that much.

They said the EWM I linked was $4600 + GST but discontinued, think they're just sticking with the AC/DC. Just seemed an aweful lot for a DC only TIG, I think the same thing but with AC is over 7k . Not sure if its just overpriced like the 180 Elite or its actually worth the money. I saw it yesterday afternoon and left a deposit and went back today and bought it. That was the last one in the warehouse, they were running them out for $800 + GST. Unfortunately I don't have 3ph yet but its coming early next year. Don't need 300amps either, actually what I need is something really good and crisp down the other end of the range say 15-25amps.

But I can't help myself with a bargain when it comes to tools provided it is a bargain and not just overpriced to begin with.

I'll find a way to justify it ;)

Edit; BOC website sucks. I'm gonna go open up the box, I don't think it comes with a foot pedal and I think BOC want nearly $600 for one :shock:
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde