A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Yeah,

And here's another by the OP, as it occured to me that the variable-shade does really perform as advertised when amps are raised and lowered, which sounds helpful for TIG, but maybe it's kind of gimmick-like too. I'm still kind of deciding and evaluating. One day soon most auto-darkening lens' may be auto-variable-shade, and low-priced as well.

So, there may be no compelling reason to rush to get this slight innovation while prices are still a little high. I was curious though, but I'm still liking the lid at this early stage, especially with the headgear changed.

The outer shade adjustment knob is real handy, as adjustment can be made on-the-fly while welding, which might otherwise take one or more adjustments with the helmet off and the welding stopped, and without the convenient knob might not occur at all due to the hassle without the outer knob. But, other non-variable auto-darkening lids have outer knobs for shade adjustment on-the-fly too. Antra's do, but my particular $96 Antra model didn't because I went for one the with the larger viewing area.

Yeah, there's no nefarious or commerical purpose in my posts here or anywhere else. This is friendly sharing and helfulness, maybe some enthusiasm sprinkled in too.

Wheeee, this welding stuff is fun!!!!!!!
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

C, good post, I have enjoyed it.
what are your impressions as to the optics as far as clarity and ability to view the puddle and weld area??
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Granddaddy wrote:C, good post, I have enjoyed it.
what are your impressions as to the optics as far as clarity and ability to view the puddle and weld area??
I'm sorry to report, Mr. Livingston is no longer a member of this forum.

He may still be on weldingweb.

Steve S
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Unfortunately. But they have an ignore list.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Granddaddy wrote:C, good post, I have enjoyed it.
I'm sorry to report, Mr. Livingston is no longer a member of this forum.

He may still be on weldingweb.

Steve S
Timely decision .
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)