A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
    Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 pm

Got my new welder and water cooler in from the good folks at Everlast and unpacked them then had to go off to work for two weeks. No problems with shipping. Everything arrived in excellent shape; switched it on and all seems to be in working order. Excited to get home and run it through some paces welding but I will say the first thing I noticed is that the fan is very quiet. Here are some pix.
Attachments
350EXT
350EXT
IMG_0966.JPG (83.38 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Specs
Specs
IMG_0971.JPG (82.2 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Control Panel
Control Panel
IMG_0977.JPG (82.51 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Watercooler
Watercooler
IMG_0981.JPG (80.79 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Jim S.
Miller 211 Autoset
Everlast 255EXT
Everlast Water Cooler (2)
Everlast PowerPlasma 80S
Longevity 250MP
Lincoln 350MP Aluminum
Hypertherm 30Air
Everlast 350EXT
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

WOW,

I guess I wasn't paying attention, as I hadn't heard of that model coming down the proverbial pike.

I have the 210EXT, which I dig. But I'm wondering what is different between the 350EXT and the 325EXT is, besides the 25 amps? I mean, the interface looks about the same, but there's nothing on this new unit at the Everlast website yet.

But, a quiet fan is nice. The 210EXT is very quiet with its 4-fan implementation, as surprising as that seems. And I've noticed that the 255EXT in videos is not so quiet as the 210EXT.

So, a quiet 350 amp TIG unit is surprising enough, I suppose. And I'm glad Everlast doesn't tend to use the "fan-on-demand" concept, as I'd hate to have the back and forth interruption of a noisey fan while I'm welding and listening to music.
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
    Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 pm

Difference from the 325EXT is 30 amps, a bit higher duty cycle, gas purge, spot timer and a little more $$. Otherwise based off the 325EXT architecture, I think. Not much out yet other than a blog earlier this year that I saw. Looking forward to giving it some work and seeing how it performs. If it is like my 255EXT, I see a lot of fun projects ahead, maybe even more chainsaw boxes. :D
Jim S.
Miller 211 Autoset
Everlast 255EXT
Everlast Water Cooler (2)
Everlast PowerPlasma 80S
Longevity 250MP
Lincoln 350MP Aluminum
Hypertherm 30Air
Everlast 350EXT
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Absolutely!

Oh, you're the guy who did the aluminum chain saw boxes. Yeah, those were way-cool.

shipj0 wrote:Difference from the 325EXT is 30 amps, a bit higher duty cycle, gas purge, spot timer and a little more $$. Otherwise based off the 325EXT architecture, I think. Not much out yet other than a blog earlier this year that I saw. Looking forward to giving it some work and seeing how it performs. If it is like my 255EXT, I see a lot of fun projects ahead, maybe even more chainsaw boxes. :D
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo