A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Bill w
    Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 am

Best bang for the buck.. I have been looking at the everlast 250ex and a friends is looking at the Lincoln 200 square wave. I suggested the everlast power tig 200 dv.
So here's the question what's the best bang for the buck? And I really want to here from people that own these 3 machines. What's your experience with the machine and quality? All 3 of these machines are in about the same price range. Is it a waste to spend as much on the Lincoln when it's the same price as the 250ex just to get a USA name brand machine?
David
    Thu May 04, 2017 11:48 pm

Hello,
I realize your thread is a year old but would like to know what you ended up doing... (purchasing)
I purchased the Lincoln which is a pretty good machine but adjustments are limited such as adjusting pre-post flow which makes this tigster an argon pig. As mentioned the square wave is a solid unit but there are many adjustments not available.
I have had the square wave 200 for roughly 7 months and I would like additional setting options. At this point I am serious about purchasing the everlast 255ext. Which way did you end up going? And if you chose the everlast?
Bill w
    Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 am

Actually this post is not a year old lol. But I haven't purchased anything yet. I am leaning towards the everlast 250ex. Because it has all the functions you could ever want and is only a few hundred dollars more than a Lincoln 200. Once your over 1400 might as well go to 1700 and get all the settings you can handle.
JWilson
    Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 pm

I too am in the same boat when it comes to these three welders. I would also like to know what others think of these machines. I really like all the settings for the 250Ex but my concern is how long will this machine last being used on a regular basis. on the other hand you have the Lincoln with known durability but not as much adjustability and the duty cycle looks like it is a good bit less than the Everlast machine. I have also been told that its not so much in the settings as it is the operator and the same goal can be obtained with the SW Vs. the 250EX with the right amount of hood time. I have a Lincoln stick and mig but I am not stuck on having red machines in my shop.
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

JWilson wrote:I too am in the same boat when it comes to these three welders. I would also like to know what others think of these machines. I really like all the settings for the 250Ex but my concern is how long will this machine last being used on a regular basis. on the other hand you have the Lincoln with known durability but not as much adjustability and the duty cycle looks like it is a good bit less than the Everlast machine. I have also been told that its not so much in the settings as it is the operator and the same goal can be obtained with the SW Vs. the 250EX with the right amount of hood time. I have a Lincoln stick and mig but I am not stuck on having red machines in my shop.
I looked at both and bought the squarewave. Partly due to an issue with everlast and mostly because I liked the lincoln brand better. I use an old synchrowave 351 at work and I literally have no adjustments. Just amps and ac balance. The more gadgets there are the more potential for failure, imo. I like the squarewave so far and I fully believe it's the welder not the machine that makes the welds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 pm

I am sure that you would be happy with any of the 3 you are considering. I have had a 255EXT for 3 years with 100s of hours on it an no problems so far.
Jim S.
Miller 211 Autoset
Everlast 255EXT
Everlast Water Cooler (2)
Everlast PowerPlasma 80S
Longevity 250MP
Lincoln 350MP Aluminum
Hypertherm 30Air
Everlast 350EXT
JWilson
    Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 pm

I was actually about to go by the square wave a few weeks ago and ran across a Lincoln ranger 8 with 104 hours on it that my grandmothers husband had sitting out back under a shed. got a pretty good deal on it considering what I have seen others for sell for with over 1000hrs. came with 100' of both electrode and ground cable and 104hrs so I jumped all over and figured I could make some money with that. but I am still planning on getting the square wave.