A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Nosferatu49534
    Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Let start with I'm new to welding and don't have but maby 2 hrs under a hood. But that being said thought I would share my $.02. I bought the handle 140 early last week and got around to getting it set up yesterday. Was very easy to get ready. Comes out of the box .030 flux core ready. Just plug in the gun and connect the ground cable to the clamp. Feed the wire and you're welding. Its only 115v but its works well the little bit ive done with it. I also bought a Metal Man hood. I really like it. Its very comfortable and seems to work great. Got it on sale but even the $100 it cost seems well worth it to me. Its auto darkening, grind mode, sensitivity adjustment, all the normal things I think. I do like that it has 4 sensors. Hope this is a worth while review for everyone.
ImageImageImageImage
ODIS
  • ODIS
    Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Hobart welders to me are a great hobby machine and I have found that even if you bought it at a big box store a Miller service center will honor the warranty and work on it if you need it. That I found out this last year with my new 210 MVP that came with the wheel drive defective. Fixed in a day free of charge, far better than boxing it up and shipping it on my dime.
DeniseGonzalez
    Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 am

So hard to do work like this