A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products

Wood Welder wrote:I'm leaning toward the 210 MP for a couple reasons.

Has anyone tried the spool gun to weld aluminum or other metals?
If you've watched Jody's videos you'll know his friend JD Brewer uses a 210mp for FCAW-S and I found one video of him using a spool gun for aluminum. Video HERE

You won't see much in this vid, but having watched the videos with Jody and JD, I know JD thinks highly of the 210
Richard
Website
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Once you adjust your settings for a given metal thickness and wire diameter. it saves those settings. Even if you switch to a different thickness setting when you go back to the other thickness it will hold your settings.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Not sure if you purchased yet, but you might want to check out Esab's Rebel, I've heard some good things on those also. My garage is filled with mostly blue boxes but I do have one of ESAB's first gen inverters that I bought back in the early 90's SVI300I and a MIG 4HD and It does have a very sweet arc. It's going on 24 years old, who says inverters don't last! LOL
I probably just put a mojo on myself for mentioning that!! :lol:

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225

pgk wrote:I probably just put a mojo on myself for mentioning that!! :lol:
Pete
Man I hate it when that happens!! :lol: :lol:
Richard
Website
wvuarmyeng
    Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 am

Poland308 wrote:Definitely! New liner is like 30$. I pretty much just use mine for the mig. I love the extra features it has.
Miller has a rebate out on their multimatic 215 for $200. Ill be ordering one as soon as my extra check from work guys