It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:48 pm Advanced search

New line of Harbor Freight welders

A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products

New line of Harbor Freight welders

Postby stefuel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:06 am

Looks like they're stepping up their game. This reminds me of a Lincoln Power Mig 210
Attachments
HFwelders.jpg
HFwelders.jpg (37.85 KiB) Viewed 149 times
stefuel

Re: New line of Harbor Freight welders

Postby Artie F. Emm » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 am

You're right, the LCD screen is a departure for them. I saw this on the review section for this welder:
"We used it every day for a year and it never let us down. "

Every day for a year... but they just released the product. Hmmm...
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:57 am

If they have a shot if me buying a welder from them they have got to step up their guns and stingers. Guns are flimsy and the electrode holders are small and cheap. Just my opinion.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Louie1961 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:32 pm

There is an extensive post on this over at welding web including a post from the guy who said he was using for a year. Apparently he was a beta tester for them. Shovelon (Terry) over there says he was a beta tester too and couldn't kill the machine and he tried really hard to kill it. Had the TIG torch smoking apparently. I may try and pick one up this weekend for giggles and grins. They are now discounting the mutiprocess unit by $70 and offering a full 1 year "try it and if you don't like it for any reason bring it back for a full refund" guarantee. Assuming the wording on this try it for a year guarantee isn't to weasel-ly, I will bring one home this weekend. The specs on it are way better than my HH190, so I figure I will give it a whirl.
Hobart Handler 190
Syncrowave 250
Purox Metalmaster
Louie1961
Ace

Postby stefuel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:04 pm

I like the user interface of the Lincoln and this looks like the same welder in a different case. Looks like a good deal but my next mig will have pulse which I don't think this or the Lincoln have. I don't need another tig or stick machine.
stefuel

Return to Product Reviews