A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Shaky6
    Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:47 pm

I just bought this machine, first TIG I'll ever try. Can't wait. Lincoln's $125 holiday rebate sealed the deal. I was looking at the Diversion 180, but even with the $700 rebate it was more expensive than the Lincoln. Plus it has hardwired leads, which didn't appeal to me.

From all I've read on this and another forum you'll be glad you bought the Lincoln, the Diversion isn't Miller's bright spot.
Hope you'll post back with a review after you've used it awhile.
Richard
Website
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

LtBadd wrote:From all I've read on this and another forum you'll be glad you bought the Lincoln, the Diversion isn't Miller's bright spot.
Hope you'll post back with a review after you've used it awhile.
I agree whole heartedly. We have both machines at school and the squarewave is hands down better. Better foot pedal, better torch, ability to stick weld, easily replaceable leads, pulse/balance/frequency settings, and better arc starts.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
discap
    Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:52 am

I have and use the TIG Button (from 6061.com) pretty much exclusively now. Eliminates problems with out of position.

Bill
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

discap wrote:I have and use the TIG Button (from 6061.com) pretty much exclusively now. Eliminates problems with out of position.

Bill
And I have since bought two myself. Nearly 100% converted.